If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1 immediately!
Call 911 immediately if you experience the following:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing or wheezing
- Sudden or slurred speech
- Pain or numbness in your limbs
- Sudden confusion
- Bloody diarrhea with dizziness or weakness
Call 911 if you think:
- The condition will worsen on the way to the hospital
- Traffic conditions or transportation issues would result in a delay in obtaining treatment
- The condition will worsen if you or the victim is moved
- Family physician does not have tools or equipment to deal with medical emergencies in his or her office
You may be unsure if your medical condition or complaint is an emergency. While it is prudent to call your physician for advice, he or she may not be readily available and their office or answering service may advise you to call 911 in any case. Its important to know that your medical condition may be time sensitive, which means that waiting too long for medical attention could result in serious or irreversible consequences, including death.