Locations: Glendale/Glassell Park, Downtown LA, Alhambra, Montebello
Industries: Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals Healthcare Services
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Educational Level: Current Registered Nurse (RN) License Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certification through ONS or must obtain within 12 months of hire Current CPR/BCLS certification
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary: $22 – $27 per hour, commensurate to certifications and/or experience
ABOUT THE JOB
Southern California based private oncology practice is currently seeking a Chemotherapy Registered Nurse to work in its main clinics in Glendale, Alhambra, Montebello or Downtown Los Angeles. The Chemotherapy RN will be responsible for scheduling, and educating patients about chemotherapy side effects, mixing and administering chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direct supervision of a physician.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Mix and administer chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direct supervision of a physician, monitor Coumadin levels in patients, verify patient’s allergies, and reconcile patient’s medications.
- Perform assessments on patients and participate in activities to plan, measure assess and improve the quality of patient care
- Draw blood via port catheter or PICC line
- Schedule chemotherapy, hydration, injections and bone marrows in the EMR
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certification through ONS or must obtain within 12 months of hire
- Current CPR/BCLS certification
- Have good communication and customer service skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- OncoEMR (Altos), Electronic Medical Records software
- PharmServe, Pharmacy dispensing software
- MS Office Suite, MS Outlook and MS Excel
- Proficient in recognizing signs & symptoms of patients
- Knowledge of growth-factors
- Knowledge of differences
- Proficient in computer skills and willing to learn new software and adapt to changes in software
Benefits & Company Statement
ndividuals with skills, ability, drive and ambition will be considered and receive a competitive compensation and benefits package. For over 30 years, our mission is to provide our patients with the best quality care. The ability of our doctors to provide this level of service depends on the work of every single individual in our practice. Our company has some of the most dedicated and passionate people working today. Candidates who wish to work with us in our fast-paced, innovative and team-oriented environment are welcome to apply. Health Benefits are offered to full time employees (30 hours or more per week). The Los Angeles Cancer Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Agency Statement: No agencies, please. Principals only.
How to Apply:
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Los Angeles Cancer Network
4005 Verdugo Road Los Angeles, CA 90065